Sunday, May 29, 2011

Happy Memorial day Weekend

I think I missed a day without anything on the blog for a first time in a long time.  I had a gout attack last night right after the Barca Man U game. I had this once before and it case anyone hasn't had it, its murder, one of the most painful things I've had, enough to prevent me from walking this morning.   Fortunately we have such things as pain killers.

I am going to check read the papers and get some ideas to write about this Memorial day holiday in the US.  Meanwhile, given my love of religion here is a little story about cussing in church that might make your day:

A crusty old man walks  into the local Catholic church and says to the
secretary, "I would like to join this damn  church."

The astonished woman  replies, "I beg your pardon, Sir.  I must  have
misunderstood you. What did you  say?"

"Listen up, damn it.  I said I want to join this damn  church!"

"I'm very sorry sir, but that  kind of language is not tolerated in
this church."

The  secretary leaves her desk and goes into the priest's study to 
inform him of her situation.

The  priest agrees that the secretary does not have to listen to  that
foul language.

They  both return to her office and the priest asks the old geezer, 
"Sir, what seems to be the problem here?"

"There  is no damn problem," the man says.  "I just won 20  million
dollars in the damn lottery and I want to join this  damn church to get rid of some of this damn  money."

"I  see," said the priest.  "And is this bitch giving you a  hard time?

No comments: