- AFSCME Local 444 negotiations assesment 1997
- Preparing for Revolution: A discussion document
- The Internal lives of Revolutionary Organizations
- Socialist Alternative members: Questions and Answers
- Sanders: Our Alternative
- The Nature of the New European Left
- University of California workers and Unions
- An Invitation to Our Readers
- Facts For Working People Weekly Phone Conferences and Discussions
- Help open The AFL-CIO AIFLD Archives
Friday, May 19, 2017
San Leandro: Local School Boards as Agents of the Big Business Agenda
Afscme Local 444, retired
This is following up on a previous commentary about the San Leandro school board imposing taxes on working people, the poor and the middle class in order to maintain the public schools in their present dismal state. There is no pretense at all that they intend to actually fight to improve and expand public education. They have absolutely no program, strategy of plan to throw back the present assault on public education.
What is happening here is happening throughout the country and the world. It is the generalized offensive against the working class, making the working class, the poor, the indigenous people, the rural workers pay for the crisis for the system. Our fightback can start where we are but must always have a national and indeed international perspective.
Here is a flier Facts For Working People produced about this issue previously.